Tuesday 8th October 2019
Cost is £11.00 includes Visitor Centre admission, Coach & Driver Tip.
We will arrive in the Gorge around 10.30 am where you can have tea/coffee and something to eat. There are plenty of restaurants/cafes in the area or visit the attractions – see below.
One Group will visit the Visitor Centre at the back of the shop at 1.30 pm and the second Group at 1.45 pm depending on visiting numbers. While waiting each Group can take advantage of the cheese tasting in the shop.
Optional visit – Explorer ticket – see below – £14.95
Explorer Ticket Attractions include:
- Gough’s Cave – Largest of the showcaves, Ancient Monument – Cheddar Man Skeleton found here in 1903. Guided Tour or Audio Guide if required. Visit takes approximately 45 mins.
- Museum of Prehistory – Artefacts of great historical importance discovered in the Cheddar area, gain a valuable insight on prehistoric living.
- Dreamhunters at Cox’s Cave – This is a multimedia experience, walk in the footsteps of our ancestors as you discover the adventures of early man – 30 mins. Contains flashing lights, images and strobe lighting effects.
- Beyond the View – A cinematic journey through the Gorge – 15 mins.
- Jacob’s Ladder and Lookout Tower.
- Cliff Top Walk.
For further information or to book please see your Autumn Newsletter or contact the Groups Co-ordinator.